Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kylee is 7!!

It is the morning of my oldest daughter's 7th birthday... I sit and reflect over all that I have watched her go through and accomplish in her 7 little years. She is am amazing little girl who is growing up so fast. I think back to the day she was born and the feeling of pure love I felt as she was slipped into my arms. Within minutes of entering this world she gave out a smile that could brighten a room in seconds. I recall the gaze in her eyes as she stared up at me... HER MOTHER... oh what a feeling, to be a MOTHER! I didn't know what I was doing at all, I was barely 19. But Kylee would teach me, she was a relatively easy baby and was so patient with me. I nursed her shortly after she entered this world and it was pure harmony how she knew exactly what to do and I fumbled around trying to figure out how to hold her "properly". Little did I know, all those special holds they teach you, do not matter because the baby knows how they want to be held and will wiggle and nuzzle to be held how they want.
Kylee taught me how to be a mother. Now, since I am mother to 3, I know I made so many mistakes with Kylee and I so wish I could go back and change some. But then, I probably wouldn't. The mistakes are what shape us into who we are.
Still today, as I look at Kylee, I am in awe at how beautiful she is and how she is just perfect in every way (to me anyway ;))
Kylee was born the day before Halloween, I sent her father out to the store to find a tiny costume for her to wear the next day... he returned with a pumpkin shirt. How funny it was to awake the next morning (of course doped up on pain meds) to find a pumpkin baby and kitty cat nurses.
Happy 7th birthday to my beautiful firstborn baby girl!! I can not wait to see what the future holds for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment