Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shame on Chick-Fil-A....

Now, don't get me wrong... I LOVE Chick-Fil-A and everything that CFA stands for, which is part of the reason I say shame in this circumstance!
Today, I was slightly disappointed in Chick-Fil-A...
So, let me explain why... We met some friends at a local CFA for lunch and to let the kids all play together. Now, as many of you I am sure are aware of, kids can trade their "toy" from the kids meal for an ice cream. So, my kids were trading their toys for an ice cream. But my friend's kids are whey protein intolerant which means that they can not digest whey protein enzymes in non-cooked dairy products (basically they can not have uncooked milk, ie. Ice Cream!). So, we explained this to the assistant manager after we tried to trade their books for cookies instead of ice creams and were told that was not an option. I asked if it was an issue of money... according to the menu, the ice cream cone is $1.19 and the cookie is $1.09.... hmmm.... cookie is 10 cents LESS... so what is the problem?, I asked. She said it was "against their policy". Funny, since I had just done this at a different CFA location the week before with no problems at all!! Ok, so it is you policy to NOT accommodate a food allergy with a viable alternative that is already on your menu and is of equal or lesser value? Wow! Ok! That makes perfect sense! Then this girl proceeds to tell me in a smart-ass tone "Our cookies have milk in them"... Um... hello... I just explained to you that the proteins in the cookie have been broken down already by the heat, the ice cream they haven't!! So, I explain it to her again... she says "wasn't aware of that, but still our operator has chosen not to allow that." The American's With Disabilities Act recognizes food allergies as a disability and requires that "reasonable accommodations be offered." So, how can the operator of this specific Chick-Fil-A establishment choose to not follow a federal law?!?!?! I don't know, but hoping to find that out soon..... just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment