Thursday, August 11, 2011

Heart surgery coming up again... date TBA. School starting next week.

So... Auriana just had a heart cath last week. Narrowing in her Aorta had been seen by her cardiologist at her last appointment in July. They were planning on placing a stint during the heart cath, but ended up not doing this. They determined that the narrowing is too low in her aorta to place a stint, but they had thought that her aortic valve was weakening and may need replaced and they determined that her valve is healthy. The narrowing in her aorta is very very bad though and will need repaired very soon---within a MONTH!!! I am now just waiting on surgery to call me with a date. I hate being on the edge of my seat waiting on that phone call. Every time the phone rings it crosses my mind "is it Children's? Are they calling to tell me the surgery date?" I am terrified of her having open heart surgery yet again. I had thought heart surgery was behind us, but not yet. I keep reminding myself that God is with us-- especially with my sweet girl-- and He will keep her safe.
There are so many other of our little "heart friends" that are so much worse off than my Auri right now. It is so saddening to hear when one of them is getting worse rather than better. Please keep our friends Levi and Katelyn in your prayers as well!! They have very extensive heart defects that are much more difficult to treat!

Here is my Auri right before her heart cath


Next up: SCHOOL!!
Kylee will be starting Kindergarten on Monday! She is excited about going back to school and being able to see her friends every day! She had open house and met her teachers today. She would not let me take her picture, but here is a picture of her with her best friend (who is visiting from out of town this week) after open house when we went to McDonald's for lunch.



Auriana will also be going to school this year. I have put her in the older one's class since she is soooo tiny, even though she is almost 3. She also went to open house today and met her teachers and the kids who will be in class with her. She fit right in with the kids. She was playing and even walked some without her walker. When I went to pick her up she told me "no. I stay". When we walked outside to go to the car she even turned herself around, on a hill, with her walker, lifted her walker up to place it on the sidewalk trying to go back in the building. She did NOT want to leave. I think she is going to LOVE school! Here is a picture of her walking out to the car with her backpack to leave for open house this morning...


Auriana will only get to go for a few weeks before having to have her open heart surgery and then she will be out for months, but I am so thankful that she will be able to experience what "normal" is before she has her surgery.

We will try to update next week with 1st day of school pics and a surgery date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment