Monday, August 25, 2014

nobody chooses online nonsense over cleaning... right?

Yep... and here I sit again in front of the computer, scrolling through Facebook after I "just got on for a minute to check email" after I got the kids to bed. 
Sink full of dishes and a pile of laundry stare at me as I type this... but I ignore it.
The 3500 books and papers a kid pulled off the book shelf mid tantrum this evening is still laying here in the floor...
but yet...
I'm sitting here typing randomness into the blank screen on my computer.... after spending the past 20 minutes scrolling through nonsense on Facebook...
why?
well, because it is somewhat of an escape I guess... reality disappears into the computer screen..
isn't it like that for a lot of parents?
So here's just a snip it of why I need 30 minutes to just let the mess disappear and pretend I'm on some little island in the middle of nowhere... at least one night (or more) a week the night goes just a little like this... turn off Tv to get kids in the bathtub... listen to the m scream how that was their FAVORITE SHOW and it WILL NEVER COME ON AGAIN and IM SO MEAN... yeah yeah... ok kid... that show has come on probably 50 times in the past week and I guarantee it will be back on tomorrow. 
Meanwhile another child is in the bathroom because I forgot to shut the door... what is this child doing in the bathroom? oh, just dumping water in the floor. water from where? oh... just the toilet water... that's all. Great. this one gets bath number 3 today. 
So, one kid bathed and dried and dressed and in the bed. 
(and bathroom floor err... mopped with a towel...)
One more in the background still throwing a fit that the TV was shut off.
The other comes running in to get her tub time... ok... this one loves the tub so she doesn't want to get out.
We HAVE to get out. still have another one that needs hair washed tonight.
Ok... so this one gets out (after bribery) what? no I don't bribe them... never. so 2 down to bed. 
Now it's past "bed time". The dilemma... do I fight to get this one in the bath tub or do I cave? hah... who wins? we compromise wash the hair over the edge of the tub. yes you had a bath last night. yes you can get one again tomorrow night. ok. finally. bed. 
All. Of, Them. In. Bed.

So... back to the disaster zone that has taken over my living room...
Yes... it will get cleaned up...
eventually...

I know other mothers can totally relate to this scenario, right?
come on... I can't be the only one to not have children who are angels all the time...
hah...
funny thing is when they are gone... even just for 1 night... I have no idea what to even do. In fact, I think I miss the chaos and commotion that has become my life...

So... back to reality now... the dishes will probably get done tonight, the books will get put away... lesson plan will get done for school tomorrow.... then I'm going to bed to start it all over again in the morning... 

oh, did I mention... I'm also 8 months pregnant and I home school my special needs child? Yep. 

I am going to envision "happy thoughts"... Rainbows and lollipops and fairies that magically clean my house for me... maybe our day will be filled with sunshine tomorrow... yes.... sunshine and happy thoughts and everyone will listen and no one will complain. That's it.... 

"Just think of Happy Thoughts and you'll fly" - Peter Pan

"If you want it, you must will it. If you will it, it will be yours." - The Mighty Sven


We will have a good, calm day tomorrow.... we will have a good, calm day tomorrow... we will have a good, calm day tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment